|USE OF SCHOOL FACILITIES
|The County Board recognizes that County Office facilities are a community resource whose primary purpose is to be used for school programs and activities. The Board authorizes the use of school facilities by community groups for purposes provided for in the Civic Center Act when such use does not interfere with school activities.
Facilities may not be used for:
- Activities promulgating any theory or doctrine subversive to the laws of the United States, or any political subdivision thereof, advocating governmental change by violence.
- Any activity that may violate the canons of good morals, manners or taste.
- Any activity that may be injurious to the buildings, groups or equipment.
- Any purpose in conflict with school activities.
- Any activities which are discriminatory in the legal sense.
- Commercial advertising, or fundraising campaigns, except as permitted by County Board of Education policy or special action of the County Board of Education.
The County Superintendent of Schools is authorized to approve and arrange for scheduling the use of school facilities by applicants who agree to the above purposes and limitations.
10900-10916 Community Recreation Programs
40040-40047 Civic Center Act: use of school property for public purposes
ACLU of So. Calif. v. Board of Education of Los Angeles (1961), 55 Cal 2nd 167
ACLU of So. Calif. v. Board of Education of San Diego (1961), 55 Cal 2nd 906
ACLU of So. Calif. v. Board of Education of Los Angeles (1963), 59 Cal 2nd 203
ACLU of So. Calif. v. Board of Education of San Diego (1963), 59 Cal 2nd 224
Connell v. Higgenbotham (1971), 403 US 207, 91 S.Ct. 1772
Cole v. Richardson (1972), 405 US 676, 92 S.Ct. 1332
MENDOCINO COUNTY BOARD OF EDUCATION